Burningissues.net Forum
September 21, 2017, 12:23:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It is with deep regret that we have had to take the decision to suspend new registrations.   Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Nero7  (Read 22229 times)
Graham
Administrator

« on: March 03, 2007, 03:28:01 AM »

Has anyone played with Nero 7?  I have a legal copy of Nero 6 and would like to know if there is any reason to upgrade to Nero 7

AKA Demo
Rob
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 11:55:18 PM »

I've been wondering the same thing.  I have owned Nero 6 for what seems to be years.  I almost bought it the other day, but they shriveled up in the end.

Rob
Graham
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:21:58 AM »

Hi Rob

Yeh I know what you are saying.......I have owned nero 6 for ages and it seems to do everything I want it too but will Nero 7 do something that, at the moment, I don't realise I need?

AKA Demo
cd-repair.co.uk

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

Hi there,

IMHO, I would save your money. We upgraded to NERO Premium after getting a new laptop bundled with Sonic Record Now, which I found very frustrating.

Nero 7 came with a lot of 'extras' such as showtime, video editing, audio editing, etc that are far inferior even to freeware and open source alternatives.

Nero 7 hasn't burned disks any better. Stick to Nero 7.

Matt

Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 12:41:46 AM »

Hi Matt

Welcome aboard and thanks for your reply.  I had a feeling that may have been the case.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2007, 12:44:11 AM by Graham » Logged

AKA Demo
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 11:03:22 PM »

Hi - I've been using the 'micro' repackaging of the current 7.7.5.1 version - see the Inquirer's view here (http://uk.theinquirer.net/?article=37873).

Yes, the current 'suite' has a grotesque amount of flab, & their 'Scout' phonehome component is the usual consumer-hostile spyware - the above 'Lite' & 'micro' repacks exclude this nasty 'service' & are nice solid/simple packages.

. .  personally I now find pretty well all Windows burning applications [with the honourable exception of ImgBurn] suck compared to the extreme stability & simplicity of K3b [Linux].
Rob
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 09:57:35 PM »

I know I will get flamed for this, but, Nero 6 doesn't work with Vista.  So I guess I will need version 7 soon.  I am supposed to be training to be the IT guy here and I had to ask someone here in the office how to burn using windows.  I just have never done it before.  I love Nero!!!!!

Rob
Graham
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 02:30:27 AM »

Well Rob, you know where to come if you get really stuck  Grin

Hi S, yes I read that article when it first came out but, undortunately, you still require a serial number.  I have a legal serial number for Nero 6 and, to be honest, I am tired of having to steal/pay for new serial numbers to do something it should have done in the first place...When I first paid for it. I bought V4 with a promise that it would be upgraded, FOC to V5 when it came out......After a real battle I got the upgraded serial to V5 and the bloody thing only lasted a few months and expired long before V6 was invented.

AKA Demo
cd-repair.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 12:18:01 PM »

Just unistalled Nero 7 Premium and installed the lite version. Works a treat.

Thanks shoarthing.

No if someone would just invent a cut down version of windows and office ...Wink

Power To The U.G.L.I.

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 05:09:40 PM »

Hi Folks
dittos
With NERO 6 and Ultra-iso It's more than my needs call for ..Add Clone CD and a good converter like Cdex etc and record most stuff..

Gotta finally get those 4-tracks onto the fancy new 8-track tapes..Wowser-Yowser!

jazzbo..........

Graham
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2007, 02:38:02 AM »

Hmm cd-repair.co.uk wrote "Now if someone would just invent a cut down version of windows and office"  er I think he forgot the word "etc"  Grin

Jazbo you ugly git how the hell are you?  Glad to see you found us again....BTW what does U.G.L.I stand for?

AKA Demo
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2007, 08:33:33 PM »

Just unistalled Nero 7 Premium and installed the lite version. Works a treat.

Thanks shoarthing.

No if someone would just invent a cut down version of windows and office ...Wink
. .  well, if you're on for a bit of toil, XP & W2K can both be cut down a lot, & at the same time your install/reinstall/initial setup can be made vastly quicker.

The tools [in order] are HFSLIP (http://hfslip.org) [link infuriatingly down today - has worked for the past x years; but that's life, I never asked to be born, & etc & etc] & nLite (http://www.nliteos.com/).

Basically you take your install CD, rip the contents to a folder, slipstream all the service packs/patches[& a lot more] using HFSLIP, then [using nLite] you can strip the crap, add new 'F6' drivers & so on, then make yourself a bootable CD.

You can cut a Win32 OS down to around 400MB - I do this mainly for VMware client OS'

. . as for office, well, I use & recommend for my clients openoffice (http://www.openoffice.org/) in Win, Linux, & OS X [neooffice for the latter]. It is much smaller, much safer, & saves/opens Word & Excel formats.
weaseman

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2007, 01:47:33 AM »

I upgraded to Nero 7 and it does have a lot of bloatware. Haven't really played with it though. Haven't been burning much. Come to think of it, not on the comp like I used to be. A solid little program to try would be Prassi Ones. Simple program to use.  Wink
Rob
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2007, 07:00:47 PM »

Holy Shite,
The Weaseman cometh.......hehehehe
Glad to hear you know how to turn on a computer ...... still

How the hell are you?

Rob
Rob
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2007, 07:02:38 PM »

Oh yeah,
by the way, I bought Nero 7 and it works great on Vista.  The main reason I bought it was for Nero Imagedrive.  But guess what, It is disabled for Vista use.  But none of Nero's documentation let's you know this.  I was pissed for weeks, but I have gotten over it now.  Like the program.

Rob
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: