Burningissues.net Forum
August 18, 2017, 12:34:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It is with deep regret that we have had to take the decision to suspend new registrations.   Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Disc Full message  (Read 6801 times)
parrottoyangels

« on: January 11, 2010, 04:23:43 PM »

Am using a NEC DVD RW ND-3550A burner. (Running Win XP). The past few days I'm unable to add any data to the disc. I keep getting the message that the disc is full. It's not. I've tried burning using Nero Express, CDBurnerXP and the Windows burner. Same message. Have updated my firmware to the latest version 1.07. I have no problem burning to the disc the first time (I save my Quickbooks info to disc) but when it comes to adding additional data, I get the full message. I do leave the CD open so I can add info.
Any thoughts?
Thanks!
Lynn
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:21:56 PM »

Packet writing can be tricky.

Suggest you use only one application [the built-in XP one, perhaps], & also try another brand of [RW] disk just to see what if anything works.

parrottoyangels

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »

I've always used the XP one until a couple days ago when I began getting the "disc full" message.  I've never had a problem.  It was suggested to me that the XP one might not be "that reliable"...so I downloaded the CDBurnerXP, tried it.  Then loaded the Nero Express because I have it, just not on this hard drive.  I did try changing my CDs from Maxell to Memorex.
Lynn 
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 07:08:00 PM »

Stay with the XP one - they use different drivers. Uninstall the others for the moment. Try a known high-quality brand of disks - Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden

What *exactly* changed on your PC when it all stopped working? . .  when did you do the firmware update?
parrottoyangels

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 07:26:39 PM »

I did the firmware update yesterday.  Since I don't backup to CD often (only used for Quickbooks so only do it every couple months) I don't know for sure what changed.  I do know I had a new hard drive installed back in Sept and the first time I was backing up I had this issue.  I just inserted a new CD and went on my merry way.  Until it happened again a couple days ago.  I did read somewhere this "could" be caused by a Windows update and I think I read something about Quicktime update causing this also.  I do know I've had both updated.  Maybe uninstallling the QT update?
I'll go uninstall both burning programs right now.
Lynn
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 07:37:33 PM »

Diagnosing these things is a hassle. To be sure it is not hardware, you really have to [temporarily] connect your burner to a known-working PC & check it works.

parrottoyangels

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 07:52:05 PM »

I don't have access to another PC to try it.  :-(
Lynn
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2010, 12:11:58 PM »

. . . if you cannot do a full diagnosis then you'll have to simplify [as above advice]: do tests running only the inbuilt XP burning engine [all others fully uninstalled] & using new & known-good media.

You may wish to try resetting your XP installation back to a 'restore point' prior to when to your hassles began using 'System Restore'
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: