Burningissues.net Forum
October 19, 2017, 04:20:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It is with deep regret that we have had to take the decision to suspend new registrations.   Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Distortion in last few tracks of burnt CDR  (Read 5033 times)
Fly-Catchers

« on: January 14, 2010, 06:44:52 PM »

Hi
On my old computer I used CloneCD 4 to burn CDRs. I was using a NEC writer as the reader and a Liteon CD writer to burn the CDRs. Using "on the fly" at 52x I got excellent results on a whole range of discs.

Last year I got a computer which while not cutting edge was newer & faster than my old one and uses XP rather than ME!
It has a Sony DVD ROM drive and Philips DVD Writer. I installed the CloneCD software and have burnt a number of discs. All of them suffer from what sounds like a grating distortion on the last three or so tracks. Its not continuous but occurs in patches.
Here is an example http://freespace.virgin.net/wb.sherren/test.wma
 The earlier tracks are perfect. I have tried a number of different makes of CDR but it still occurs. Is it likely to a fault with the reader or writer or some other area?

cheers

bill
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 07:14:26 PM by Fly-Catchers » Logged
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 07:28:57 PM »

Sounds like a hardware issue.

52x on-the-fly is hot stuff via IDE & you must have had a prefect setup to do it.

What do the loads look like in the 'performance' tab of Task Manager when you try to copy on-the-fly on the new machine at high speed?

I
Fly-Catchers

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 08:27:51 PM »

What do the loads look like in the 'performance' tab of Task Manager when you try to copy on-the-fly on the new machine at high speed?

I

Did another burn. Typically it shows 2-3% CPU but it did go to 11% and 29% near the end of the burn.
My old computer was far slower with 1.4 AMD processor and 512MB. This computer is a P4 with 1GB- still not cutting edge of course!

bill
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: