Burningissues.net Forum
August 18, 2017, 12:32:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: It is with deep regret that we have had to take the decision to suspend new registrations.   Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burning ISO Files  (Read 4288 times)
pvamsi2001@gmail.com

« on: March 21, 2010, 06:15:32 PM »

Hi,

I am trying to burn a ubuntu linux image(ISO File) downloaded file to cd/dvd. When I burn to a cd/dvd, the ISO file is written to the disc.
I have surfed on the net and found that, an ISO file is a type of archive file which contains a set of installation files.
I would like to know what happens when burning an ISO to a cd/dvd?

Does the process unzip/extract the files and burn to the disc or directly write the ISO file?

If the ISO file is written, when I reboot the system with cd/dvd present, Will the ISO file be read and starts up the OS installation process?

Regards
Vamsi
Graham
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2010, 07:08:10 PM »

Yes the CD should boot.

AKA Demo
shoarthing
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:01:24 PM »

. . .
I would like to know what happens when burning an ISO to a cd/dvd?

Does the process unzip/extract the files and burn to the disc or directly write the ISO file?
. .  an *.iso is an "image-file" - ie it is a single-file representation of the entire contents & format of an optical disk.

When this file is written to an optical disk, that disk is an exact copy of the original disk from which the *.iso was extracted.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: